10:30 AM - 10:00 PM 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM 10:30 AM - 11:00 PM 10:30 AM - 11:00 PM 10:30 AM - 10:00 PM
Recent Guest Reviews for Fazoli's Ankeny
(Displaying 20 out of 47 reviews)
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsOct 05, 2019Worst experience at a Fazoli's that we ever had, the service was slow. It was obvious that they were understaffed and not trained well. We saw them mixing orders up and not having enough food prepared that they were offering bread sticks for dinner. We ended up taking ours home, but my wife did not like her fettuccine alfredo w/ chicken that she did not eat the meal at all. We came to Fazoli's instead of Applebees, but next time it will be worth the wait at Applebees to get dinner.Mike, H
- Rating 5.05 out of 5 StarsOct 01, 2019I'm giving the employees of the fazoli's restaurant a five star rating but the restaurant itself would have zero Stars. I am absolutely appalled that my family of five had to wait 20 + minutes in line , JUST TO ORDER, because there were only three employees on a kids night in the entire store. mind you, the three employees that were there, did an insanely good job at keeping their cool oh, especially the guy running the cash register. I believe his name was Steven. There was no one to run the drive-thru because the restaurant itself was so busy and there is absolutely no way that three people could be expected to run that restaurant with any quality at all. The employees, Steve, Josh, Ciara we're doing absolutely everything that they could to keep their heads above water but there was a line to the door and there was just no way of doing it. As somebody who has worked many years in food service, and the last 8 years as a GM, I don't even know how to explain this experience... Besides extremely poor management. My family and I were cleaning tables so that the new customers in the restaurant could sit down because the employees that we're actually being paid we're so busy and they had already shut down the drive-thru by now. The three employees I have listed deserve a raise and the general manager needs to be fired! This is not the first time that I have come to this restaurant and these three employees are expected to do all of the duties of running a restaurant in the evening. I can understand three employees after 7 or 8 p.m. but this was 5 in the evening. I am flabbergasted by this experience and I am a weekly, EVERY TUESDAY FAMILY OF 5, customer!!Chandra Looney
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsSep 25, 2019Online order submitted at 10:40 am for 5 dozen breadsticks to be picked up at 4:30 pm for a school dinner event. Showed up at 4:30 pm to pick up order and it wasn't ready. No offer of apology. Just excuse of not enough staff. Horrible customer service. If you can't handle online orders don't take them.Scott B
- Rating 2.02 out of 5 StarsSep 25, 2019The fettuccine Alfredo was terrible. Not much sauce and what there was was watered down. Very disappointed. raised voices could be heard coming from the kitchen area. Not a good experience. Salads and pizza were fineDawn m
- Rating 2.02 out of 5 StarsSep 18, 2019Slow service, not a single smiling face, had to ask multiple times for breadsticks. Overall not impressed with my experience and not likely to return very often if at all.Jennifer K
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsSep 13, 2019I gave one star because it was required. If negative stars would have been a choice, that would have been my selection! What is going on with the Ankeny store? If this is a franchise, I would strongly encourage someone from Corporate to get out there and help this location! At 7pm last night, there were 6 cars in the drive thru so I chose to go inside to place my order. After entering, I see an employee slam down a table tent in anger. A customer waiting looked at me and said it's going to be a long wait. They are way behind and I don't think they are taking orders. The employee brings out another table tent from the dining room and slams down. No one acknowledges that I even entered the restaurant. The place was filthy. Needless to say, I left without ordering. They need some serious help!Leslie P.
- Rating 5.05 out of 5 StarsSep 09, 2019We go to this Fazolis because it is always very clean and the food is great! People are very friendly as well.Marlena R
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsSep 03, 2019I went to order in drive thru and after waiting awhile without line moving I realized the car at speaker hadn't moved and couldn't see driver. As a nurse I worried that someone needed help. I got out of my car as did the lady behind me to discover the car was empty and turned off with windows open. A couple emoyees came out the back door and said the drive up was closed because it was so busy inside. This was about 6:30. I went inside and lots of people were waiting for the orders. Before I placed my order I asked how long of a wait there was I was told they had all these orders to fill yet. I asked if it would be longer than 15-20 minutes and they didn't know. I was trying to bring home supper and decided I already had spent almost minutes up to this point and just wanted to get home. They said the car was put there because the drive up was closed. Not clear to us customers. Put a sign saying the drive up is temporarily closed. That way you don't have people wndering if they have to tender aid and not have to get out of there car twice only to walk out without any foodDeb
- Rating 3.03 out of 5 StarsAug 28, 2019Great customer service, but paid for 6 breadsticks and only received 2.Rachael Steiff
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsAug 12, 2019Worst experience I have had at any fazolis (and we visit frequently). Started out that their machine was not accepting credit cards for some reason. Had the person behind the cash register accuse it was my cards even after attempting 3 different cards it was still my problem. The lady next to me had the same issue and she was also accused of it being in her end. Gave up and paid with cash. Once we received our order I was again accused that I didn’t order a slice of pizza when I know I did but didn’t get a receipt so I couldn’t prove it. My wife also found a bug in her drink from the fountain machine. And to top it off the breadsticks were hard and cold. Won’t being going to the Ankeny one again. Can’t say I have ever had a worse customer experience than here unfortunately.Ben s
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsAug 10, 2019This was a horrible experience. I enjoy coming to Fazoli’s on a regular occasion. I got a To go order today and I sat there and waited for over 35 minutes. It was absolutely Ridiculous. I wasted my whole lunch break and didn’t even get to eat my food. I would of walked out if I hadn’t already paid. Makes me upset because I like coming here. Not sure if I will ever go back.Sean williams
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 StarsJul 07, 2019You need to consider using crushed tomatoes in your marinara. We don't like the big chunks of tomato in it. The young man at the register was great. The lady that brought our food, not so much. Made us feel like we were an inconvenience. Food was great.Barb L
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsJun 20, 2019We usually go there twice a month today was not good experience
I ordered a spaghetti with sauce and it looked like a kids bowl really sad
We live in dsm and go out to ankney to that restaurant I am really disappointed I spent 22 dollars for nothingTracy H
- Rating 2.02 out of 5 StarsJun 03, 2019Had a disappointing experience in this location. When we received our meals, we were told that they didn't have any breadsticks ready and that they would bring them right out. We never received. I'm not upset because we didn't receive any additional breadsticks...but believe we should have gotten the ones with the meals. We were not the only people in your dining room at the time. In our 45 minute time in the restaurant, we had no interaction with another associate. The counter person was busy laughing and joking with who I assume was the cook and the manager on duty...he had his back to the counter and did not realize I was standing there. So we just left. I am not the type to send negative feedback but left and am still disappointed this morning because no one paid any attention to any of the customers. Plus...there were tables that needed to be cleaned. With all the choices we customers have, it's too bad that this happened in this location. We are from the Mason City area and visit because our restaurant closed down. We would like to see this one stay open, be profitable and be customer focused! Visit was on 6/02/2019. We were there around 7:30 in the evening. Thanks!Barb R
- Rating 1.01 out of 5 StarsMay 17, 2019The lady who was a manager wasn’t very friendly when I ordered. When I got up to the window she was to busy talking to the other employees. She was talking about different restaurants and places that sell beer or used to sell beer because the person behind me apparently asked if they could put some kind of alcohol in her drink as a joke. I also didn’t get my extra order of breadsticks. I don’t go there often as I don’t live close by but I don’t know that I will return.Rose L
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 StarsMay 01, 2019Always enjoy the breadsticks! Bummed to see the lunch price increase. Staff have always been friendly and appreciative of the visit.Jason B.
- Rating 5.05 out of 5 StarsMay 01, 2019Pretty good.Russ P.
- Rating 2.02 out of 5 StarsMay 01, 2019Way to expensive for Pasta of that caliber! Was really disappointed to see prices were increased again. Hardly no coupons to even help with the cost. The app is a joke and the “rewards” are worthless. We just can’t afford to go there much anymore. Way to expensive for a family especially for pasta I can make at home for pennies! Really sad we enjoyed going to Fazolis.Kim N.
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 StarsMay 01, 2019Nice people clean atmosphereTony M.
- Rating 4.04 out of 5 StarsMay 01, 2019We eat at Fazoli's at least once a week. Sometimes the breadsticks are dry...they have neglected to put garlic butter on them. I would also like my salad to be made with only iceberg lettuce...none of that dark green stuff. You need to put more sauce on the $6 lunch spaghetti with meat sauce.Barbara M.